Software Engineer II
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Software Engineer II, Ripple Labs, Inc, San Francisco, CA. Build enterprise, distributed payment applications that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value. Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production bank deployments. Build next generation payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value based on Ripple’s distributed financial technology by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. Build scalable and performant enterprise software based on deep understanding of Java and its ecosystem, under the direction of senior software engineers. Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to gather requirements and think beyond the technical implications of design decisions. Build scalable and performant enterprise software and end-to-end software solutions. Perform test-driven development with high code coverage. Deploy and manage a continuous integration pipeline. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
40 hrs./week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field plus 3 years of software development experience, or a master’s degree in computer science or a related field plus 1 year of software development experience.
Must have 1 year of experience in each of the following:
- Scripting languages (Bash, shell scripting, batch scripting, or PowerShell)
- Version control tools (GitHub, Flyway, or Liquibase)
- Building end-to-end software solutions
- Test-driven development with high code coverage
- Database performance tuning, performance monitoring, or troubleshooting.
Of the required experience, must have 1 year of experience in at least 4 of the following technologies (which may be gained concurrently): SQL and NoSQL databases; caching technologies; Message Queuing technologies (Rabbit MQ, or Kafka); Git; Continuous Integration; optionally continuous delivery mechanisms; HTTP technologies; and REST/JSON design principles.
Of the required experience, must have 1 year of experience in at least 3 of the following (which may be gained concurrently): web/mobile development; Unix/Linux environments; distributed/parallel systems; networking; or security software development.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.