Senior Staff Software Engineer
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are looking for an engineer to help build the future of liquidity services at Ripple. Our liquidity platform and products enable businesses to offer crypto trading services to their customers. Liquidity is a key part of Ripple’s strategy to simplify access to crypto liquidity for enterprises. In this role, you will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a core member of this initiative, you must be passionate about driving and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
You will join a team of engineers to build the in-house trading platform that powers Ripple’s core crypto market interactions; treasury management, trading/execution systems and market data. The platform normalizes APIs and provides a single point of entry to all supported exchanges and wallet providers, as well as developing execution management services enabling execution strategies and complex order execution.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that has a passion for perfecting and driving forward an event driven, micro-service system and can identify improvements that will guide the team towards best-practice solutions and design. The initial focus of this role will be to lead and enhance the market-data capabilities of the platform, bringing Ripple’s crypto market capabilities to the industry standard. This will include tight cross-team communications, setting up quality assurance processes and optimizing market-data consumption for low-latency algorithmic execution, accuracy and redundancy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering and operations
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power optimized decision-making at scale
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision and software design to unit and integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product,, integrations, ops, customer success, legal and more
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Provide mentorship for junior members of the team to grow and mature in their roles.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems. Java expertise with up-to-date insights into Java ecosystem developments and 3+ years experience working as a tech lead.
- Strong mentoring skills to help the team grow and mature.
- Expert in messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ) and has experience in integrating applications with different solutions. Can lead decision making on improvements and choice of tooling.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an scalable data stores and other cloud data services to manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.