Staff Platform Engineer
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
As a Staff Platform Engineer, you will play a critical role helping to advance Ripple's production infrastructure and release pipelines. Infrastructure Engineers at Ripple are a hybrid of systems and software engineers who support the design and lifecycle of our hosted products. You will work closely with product engineers to support their infrastructure needs, ideally in a self-service environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and provide platform features for compute, authentication, service discovery and calls, observability and redundancy
- Lead architectural approaches with the right tradeoffs between scale, cost and maintenance
- Coach junior engineers about design, development, testing and deployment best practices
- Deploy and maintain Ripple’s multi-region, multi-provider service platforms (with an emphasis on security and resiliency)
- Develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Propose scaleable, maintainable and cost effective solutions
- Participate in the leadership of DevOps and GitOps principles within the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Thinks about engineering excellence in tandem with the developer experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with solid development background with Go, Python, or Java
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Prometheus
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation and ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.