Software Engineer II (Data)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Are you a data engineering authority looking to take on exciting technical challenges and make a real impact on the business? Do you enjoy finding simple and sophisticated solutions to sophisticated problems and thrive in a collaborative, agile, and open work environment? If so, we want you to join our team at Ripple as a Data Engineer!
As a Data Engineer at Ripple, you'll be responsible for developing, tuning, and implementing data pipelines for our in-house reporting solution, using your deep knowledge of SQL, preferably on Hadoop/HBase (Hive, Impala, Phoenix). You'll work alongside the data architect and front-end developer to surface data, metrics, and insights by building and maintaining a fault-tolerant data pipeline. This is a great opportunity to help define the vision for the software that you will build and care about the business impact of your ideas. So, if you're passionate about quality, performance, and time to production and want to bring new insights to the table, along with a plan to implement them, come join us at Ripple and make a difference!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Craft and develop Python/SQL ETL processes and procedures for reporting needs
- Develop a process to lead database DDL and DML changes in the Databricks meta-catalog
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
- Develop automation to supervise existing ETL processes and maintain on-time data processing
- Participate in the research and evaluation of new/additional software tools to assist database development
- Optimally communicate issues and concerns to appropriate parties
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient( 2 - 5 yrs) in at least one primary programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python) and comfortable working with SQL
- Sophisticated knowledge of SQL scripting, database development and execution
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (performance analysis, defect analysis, and reporting)
- Strong written and communication skills; ability to convey innovative ideas clearly and effectively
- Organized and meticulous
- Worked with financial exchange platforms and know how to visualize trading data
- Worked with Kafka/Kinesis streaming data ingestion systems
- Worked with Databricks/Snowflake ETL platform a huge plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.