Senior Manager, Business Development (Institutional DeFi)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Within Ripple, RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value, through contributions to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) ecosystem partnerships.
As part of this mission, Ripple X is increasingly investing in Institutional DeFi, which is the application of blockchain technologies and protocols to tokenized financial assets, combined with appropriate regulatory and compliance guardrails. Institutional DeFi is poised for massive adoption by the financial services industry and Ripple is actively partnering with enterprises and institutions to develop solutions and use cases, leveraging on the XRPL Ledger and its native digital asset, XRP.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Institutional DeFi is critical to our mission of global financial equity and growth and we are looking for a dynamic and growth-oriented Senior Manager of Business Development to join the Ripple X teams to drive adoption of Institutional DeFi on the XRPL.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with our product, engineering, marketing and trading teams to identify and pursue new partnerships and business development opportunities.
- Co-Develop with cross functional teams and execute Ripple's business development strategy for Institutional DeFi
- Build a sustainable ecosystem and generate demand through identification of financial institutions, including institutional investors and other partners who are interested in investing in tokenized real world assets
- Identify and pursue new opportunities with financial institutions, crypto native companies, and other partners who are interested in tokenizing real-world assets and using DeFi protocols to transact with them
- Drive cryptocurrencies related ETFs initiatives with internal trading teams and relevant partners
- Work closely with the product, engineering, and sales teams to bring new products and services to market that enable institutional investors to participate in institutional DeFi in a safe and compliant way
- Manage and grow a portfolio of institutional DeFi accounts
- Represent Ripple at industry events and conferences
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 10+ years of experience in business development and sales with at least 5 years in the traditional financial services industry
- Relevant experience in either Institutional DeFi, blockchain technologies or fintech.
- Interest and strong understanding of the institutional DeFi market, in particular, in tokenized real world assets, adopters and the regulatory landscape
- Excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of success in developing first of a kind partnerships and complex deals
- A strong collaborator: An ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.