Senior Mobile Engineer- Android
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within Canada) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
This role is for an Android engineer within the Life360 team.This person will be an integral part of the core of our app as they will be required to become experts in technologies supporting our highly visible mapping, communication, driving & safety features. As a member of the team it is expected that you will be highly involved in architecting, designing and leading development of the next generation of our systems and features.
We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Work on a cross-functional team with close cooperation with Product, Design, Marketing & Data Science
- Opportunity to be on the leading edge of location experiences in a high-visibility team
- Roadmap includes innovative features to bring families closer together through contextual awareness, improved geolocation, and better communication
- Participate in interviewing potential candidates and improving the candidate experience by providing feedback
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Java/Kotlin
- Gradle, Android Studio knowledge
- Experience working on a commercial app (presently found on the app store)
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in Android
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Android SDK
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
- Capable of operating autonomously given priorities
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Experience working with reactive programming such as RxJava
- Experience with Uber RIBs or VIPER design patterns
- Experiencing with developing high quality and fluid user interfaces
- Experience with location based technologies
- Experience with high-performance networking and persistence
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans
- RRSP plan with DPSP company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, several company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.