Senior Director, Revenue
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021 Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets, and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Team
Life360’s Finance team continues to grow and we now need the expertise of a Senior Director of Revenue to manage all facets related to revenue for a US publicly traded company. Having surpassed a $1B valuation and acquired two companies in 2021, we are expanding our nationwide team to support the continued growth of the company. We are a close-knit group that enjoys working together, supporting each other, and being self starters – all while being remote. We do however get together in person throughout the year to connect and collaborate.
About the Job
This position reports to and supports the VP Finance, Corporate Controller and will own the Revenue cycle for all revenue streams, including those for Life360 and its subsidiaries. This role will interface with the Accounting teams, FP&A, and others across the organization.
The salary range for this position is $198,000 - $265,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary – therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You'll Do
You are a specialist who is in charge of everything that brings us revenue.You’ll have the overall responsibility for all the revenue of the group. This includes directly owning Life360 revenue and overseeing the subsidiaries’ revenue streams (Tile and Jiobit). You will own the entire revenue accounting team and focus on bridging GAAP to non-GAAP metrics, review all revenue outputs, guide the team through timely reporting as an SEC registrant, be the key liaison to the operational side of the business by being a thought leader through multiple revenue drivers including hardware, subscription, and data through multiple revenue sources including D2C, B2B, and enterprise customers. You will be fluent with ASC 606, the Order to Cash cycle, and have experience leading businesses with:
- Direct to consumer and business to business elements
- Bridging GAAP with non-GAAP business operations
- SaaS including Apple/Google stores and an internally built web app
- Data revenue streams
- Partnering and collaborating across the organization from the business, FP&A, compliance, SOX, and data/analytics teams
- Reporting and disclosures associated with being an SEC registrant
- Improving internal reporting templates particularly NetSuite (ARM), subscription reporting calculations, and web app (Recurly/Avalara)
- Owning/leading/reviewing flux analysis to explain variances
- Ensuring consistent application of ASC 606 across the business
- Managing the revenue portion of the audit with external auditors
- Providing support to finance leadership and other customers as needs arise including ad hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Large data sets and how to optimize processes, workflows, and systems to make improvements to obtain optimal results
- Leading a large, complex revenue team
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years experience working in high growth technology companies
- 6+ years experience working in all aspects of ASC 606 accounting
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. NetSuite, Recurly, Avalara
- Strong leadership, organization, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably engage in conversation
- Experience working with SEC registrants
- Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible, dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- Technically adept, eager to learn, and not afraid of new technologies
- A problem solver who takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
- Active CPA or equivalent preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid holiday shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference. Our values are:
- Be a Good Person – We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect – We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics – We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity, High Impact – We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic, best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.