Associate Technical Program Manager, Cloud Operations
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
Life360 is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Engineering Operations department. This position will support our Cloud Ops team and report to the head of Technical Program Management. The successful candidate will work closely with our global Cloud Ops team to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of our cloud-based systems and services. This position is a one year contract as a project employee.
Key responsibilities will include developing and implementing processes, working with technical leads to develop executable project plans, and tracking project milestones, deliverables, and budgets. If you're a proactive learner with a passion for supporting technical teams and excited about large scale AWS based products, then we want to hear from you! Join our team and help us take our cloud operations to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with managers and engineers to organize complex work that is already defined into phases.
- Communication of Cloud Ops plans and status up and out across the organization.
- Develop and adopt processes and procedures for cloud infrastructure and services.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability and reliability of cloud-based systems.
- Tracking and prioritizing technical issues related to cloud infrastructure and services.
- Managing and tracking project milestones, deliverables, and budgets.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant security and regulatory requirements.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in a fast-paced professional environment, supporting the delivery of technical or complex programs in a coordinator or related role.
- Superior communications skills: interpersonal, written, and presentation.
- Superior organizational skills: notes, formal documentation, task assignment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and starting from "scratch".
- Experience working as part of a team, using analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and follow industry trends.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing department and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with program management tools preferred
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans
- RRSP plan with DPSP company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, several company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Something looks off?