Accounts Receivable Specialist - Temp-to-Hire
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative changes that impact the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on the side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day.
HONK is looking for a temporary Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our finance team and cover a 6-month leave of absence. This person will work in a remote environment and be responsible for coordinating the accounts receivable and collections functions. This includes overseeing the processing of invoices, monitoring customer accounts, and ensuring timely collection of payments, as well as its payment application. The role involves working closely with internal teams and vendors to maintain accurate financial records and facilitate smooth cash flow.
This temporary position offers the unique opportunity to transition into a full-time role based on performance and business needs. Successful candidates may be considered for a permanent position at the end of the contract period.
Candidates must be located in one of the following states: TX, FL, UT, AL, GA, AZ, NY, WA, WI, NH, or NV.
What You'll Do
- Invoice Processing: Generate and process invoices accurately and timely.
- Billing: Coordinate with the billing team to ensure accurate and prompt billing to clients. Monitor daily automated billing files if they have been transmitted as scheduled.
- Credit Control: Monitor customer credit limits and work on credit control measures to minimize overdue accounts.
- Collections: Apply payments to client accounts daily and ensure automated payment applications have processed completely and accurately in Intacct.
- Reconciliation: Reconcile customer accounts and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Reporting: Assist in preparing reports related to accounts receivable performance.
- Process Improvement: Identify and implement improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in accounts receivable processes.
- Compliance: Ensure client account compliance with contracted rates, exceptions, and deliverables, as well as HONK’s financial policies, procedures, and relevant regulations.
- 1-3 years Accounts Receivable experience
- Solid grasp of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Display exceptional problem-solving skills, accompanied by strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and hit the ground running in a high-growth environment.
- Proficiency/Knowledge with Sage Intacct (accounting software) and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
At HONK, we're a community of diverse and passionate individuals who believe in the power of remote work and the strength of inclusivity. As a remote-first company, we embrace the boundless possibilities of collaboration and flexibility, allowing our team members to thrive from anywhere in the US.
HONK is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at HONK are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.