Software Engineer - Full Stack Ruby
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative changes that impact the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on the side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day.
We are looking for a versatile Software Engineer who can do everything - from building mobile web & iOS apps and working on our back-end RoR system and APIs to updating our ML based dispatch systems. You need to be able to hit the ground running in our relaxed yet fast-paced environment - we are data driven, iterate quickly and push new code every day.
- Work with our CTO and team of full stack engineers to design & architect new products & features.
- Build out our back-end dispatch applications in RoR.
- Work with our UI/UX guru to extend our existing mobile web apps and create new, compelling web experiences.
- Two plus years developing highly dynamic web applications.
- Solid software engineering skills in an agile environment.
- Experience with multiple of the following, and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills:
- Ruby on Rails apps & RESTful APIs.
- Mobile iOS/Android apps with Cordova/Ionic.
- Telephony apps built on Twilio or similar services.
- Real-time, location based systems.
- SQL & NoSQL databases - PostgreSQL & Redis.
- Scalability & performance management of large scale systems.
- Solid system design skills.
- Experience with all the usual tools (git, bitbucket, jira, CI)
At HONK, we're a community of diverse and passionate individuals who believe in the power of remote work and the strength of inclusivity. As a remote-first company, we embrace the boundless possibilities of collaboration and flexibility, allowing our team members to thrive from anywhere in the US.
HONK is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at HONK are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.