Senior Backend Developer - Ruby / Rails - Remote / Onsite
Getaround (ex-Drivy in Europe)
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2022
We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
How we work
We work closely together in squads on the full lifecycle of a feature. That helps us scale and ensure everyone has an impact across team boundaries, so solid communication and imagination are a daily part of the development process.
What you will bring to the team
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong product mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
You will work on
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- You'll gain ownership on a part of the codebase, and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and good practices
- You will review code from your peers.
- You will mentor more junior developers.
- You will collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What skills we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Solid knowledge of at least one backend language. Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Meticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 6 with Ruby 2.7
- TypeScript & React with Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL, Redis, Snowflake
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
Why you should apply
- To work in a friendly and benevolent team, eager to teach and learn, that values successes and failures with the same humility
- Flexible remote policy and Full Remote from France accepted
- Access to very pleasant offices in the center of Paris.
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated! Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge a try.
See more open positions at Getaround (ex-Drivy in Europe)
Something looks off?