Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
About the role:
Classy fundraising platform helps millions of supporters safely and securely donate to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. As the copywriter, you’ll work with the Creative Director and larger marketing team to craft, define and implement Classy’s brand voice, messaging and story consistently across all consumer marketing touchpoints, in every piece of content.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Maintain the strategic brand voice that strengthens Classy’s brand and platform offering.
- Flex from writer to editor as you collaborate with multidisciplinary internal teams and external vendors.
- Leverage research, insights, data and relative trends to influence copy decisions.
- Write unique content that drives demand and nurtures audience engagement for all copy needs from video scripts to social headlines to long-form reports
- Uphold the highest standards of brand and content clarity, concision and authenticity that empowers the team to deliver pristine and compelling copy within the created tone of voice.
- Judge copy and content from a business perspective.
- Brainstorm and create compelling social media content
- Research, learn, and develop a point of view on major nonprofit/fundraising/social sector trends and industry insights.
- Present creative confidently and have a strong point of view on your decisions based on sound industry knowledge logic.
- Build a deep knowledge of our brand and become the go-to messaging source
- Uplevel our long-form content copy and subsequent strategy through impactful articles and guides.
What you bring (Required):
- 2+ years of professional experience as a copywriter in advertising and/or in-house company (B2B, Saas and/or FinTech experience is a plus)
- A portfolio of award-winning work for short form brand campaigns and long form content initiatives.
- Experience crafting and maintaining a brand voice
- A strategic thinker, excellent collaborator and brilliant executor.
- An experienced understanding of the writing nuances between B2B and B2C marketing.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, cross-functional environment.
- A self-starter who thrives on taking ownership of writing assignments big and small.
- Writing and editing skill that exhibits tremendous range and demonstrates the ability to take complex subjects and communicate them in simple, human ways to our customers.
- A strong ability to prioritize work and resources across short and long-term projects.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail
- A track record of attracting, retaining, and growing an audience through the use of compelling content in brand campaigns, direct response advertising, long form content, email, and social media.
- A talent for simplifying complex stories and concepts
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a more inclusive and sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $75,000.00-$105,000.00 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?