Senior Front End Engineer
Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
Classy's Checkout Experience team is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer to contribute to the development of the Classy Studio Platform.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Front End Engineers to develop features and improvements to Classy
- Participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices
- Analyze, design, and develop software through delivering clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base to deliver on our product roadmaps
- Ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members
- Recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions
- Provide mentorship to junior developers through chat and pair programming and code reviews
- Advocate for improvements to the codebase and provide leadership to others within your team
- Be a valuable, contributing member of a cross-functional agile team where sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and constructive feedback is highly encouraged
What you bring (Required):
- 5+ years of professional experience developing React Applications, GraphQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Git
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Familiarity with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic, Cloudwatch, and BugSnag.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- GraphQL Experience
- NextJS Experience
- Experience migrating a large,complex codebase to React
- Experience leading a team
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?